Dr. Baburajan A K
Dr. Baburajan A K is a well reputed Senior Cardiothoracic Surgeon with more than 20 years of experience in the field. His work experience spreads in and out of kerala and he has worked in many centres of excellence in cardiac Surgery. He is an expert in off pump (beating heart surgery) CABG, minimally invasive cardiac surgery (Keyhole cardiac surgery) and structural heart disease procedure. He and his team were instrumental in setting up centres of excellence in cardiac surgeries like -Jubilee Mission Hospital Thrissur and Avitis Institute of Medical Sciences Nemmara, Palakkad. After trained under professor Obadia -Leon -Paris he performed the first keyhole -CABG surgery in kerala. After that he has done cases like Mitral valve replacement, Aortic valve replacement, ASD Closure, Multivessel CABG and performed more than 100 cases by this novel approach.
- MBBS, Dip.N.B. MCh (CVTS), MNAMS, FIACS
- OPCAB (Beating heart CABG)
- MICS (Keyhole Cardiac Surgery)
- VATS (Thoracoscopic Surgery)
- Aneurysm Surgery
- Structural Heart Surgery (Valve Repair’s)
- Artificial Heart (LVAD, RVAD) Surgery
- MBBS -Medical College Calicut
- DNB (General Surgery)-Ministry of Health -New Delhi
- Ch (CVTS)-Medical College Calicut
- MNAMS- National Board of Examinations
- FIACS – IACTS
Papers presented / Published
- CARDIAC MARKERS IN OPCAB AND CABG A COMPARATIVE STUDY, Kochi on Feb 2005
- PEROPERATIVE BLOOD LOSS IN OPCAB-A PROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS OF 100 CONSECUTIVE PATIENTS, Kochi Feb 2005.
- OFF PUMP MAMMARY PATCH WITHOUT ENDARTERECTOMY FOR ANGIOPLASTY DIFFUSELY DISEASED CORONARIES OUR TECHNIQUE; 2003
- VETTATH’S ANASTAMOTIC OBTURATOR – A SIMPLE PROXIMAL ANASTAMOTIC DEVICE, March 19, 2003
- MINIMALLY ASSISTED DIRECT CORONARY ARTERY BYPASS GRAFTING (MADCAB) IN ISCHAEMIC VENTRICLES, 13 to 16″ February 2003
- LEFT VENTRICULAR FREE WALL RUPTURE-A CASE PRESENTATION, 13th to 16th February 2003
- LEFT ANTERIOR DESCENDING ENDARTERECTOMY, VEIN PATCH RECONSTRUSTION AND INTERNAL MAMMARY ARTERY BYPASS IN DIFFUSE CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE, 13 to 16 February 2003, Hyderabad,
- Presented at 49th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons held between 13th to 16th February 2003 at Hyderabad,
- VETTATH’S ANASTAMOTIC OBTURATOR OUR EXPERIENCE OF 269 PROXIMAL ANASTAMOSES Presented at 2003 A.S.C.T.S Annual scientific meeting at Queensland Australia
- VETTATH’S ANASTAMOTIC OBTURATOR- OUR EXPERIENCE OF 269 PROXIMAL ANASTAMOSES Heart Lung and Circulation 2004.
- OFF PUMP EXCISION OF LEFT ATRIAL APPENDAGE ANEURYSM
- Head of CVTS dept – Avitis Institute of Medical Services Nemmara
- Professor & HOD CVTS -Jubilee Hridayalaya Thrissur
- Associate Professor CVTS – Sahakarana Hridayalaya -Kannur
- Associate Professor -Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- Junior Cardiac Surgeon -MIOT Hospital, Chennai
- Junior Consultant -MIMS, Calicut
- Lecturer in General Surgery -ACME, Pariyaram, Medical College
Conferences and training programs attended
- Annual meeting of European association of Cardiothoracic surgeons (EACTS), Amsterdam, October 2015
- Annual meeting of American association of Cardiothoracic surgeons (AATS), Seattle, JSA 2015
- Annual meeting of European association of Cardiothoracic surgeons (EACTS), Milan, Italy on 11th 15th October 2014
- ISMICS annual meeting June 2013, Prague, Czech Republic.
- ISMICS annual meeting May 30th June 2nd, 2012, Los Angeles, USA
- Training in minimally invasive cardiac surgery under Prof. Obadia, Leon, Paris, October 2010
- ISMICS annual meeting, June 2010, Berlin, Germany
- International symposium on Hybrid Procedures in Cardiac surgery, Oct 2008 at Beijing, China.
- Wet Lab in Mitral Valve repair and Aortic Root replacement by Australian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons held at Queensland, Australia, Oct 2004
- Annual Australian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons Scientific meeting held at Queensland, Australia, Oct 2004.
- 63rd Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic surgeons, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Feb2017
- 60th Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic: surgeons, Kovalam, Kerala, India, Feb2014
- 15th annual live workshop Mitral valve repair at GKNM hospital, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India Oct 2013
- Video assisted Thoracic Surgery training, at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education Chennai, Oct ,2013
- 2-day cadaveric course on Minimally invasive cardiac surgery at MSR advanced learning center Bangalore, Karnataka, India Jun 2013
- 14th annual live workshop on current issues in cardiac surgery, GKNM hospital, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India 13th &14th Oct 2012
- Fortis MICS workshop Fortis Escort hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, Sep 2011
- Video assisted thoracic surgery training by Ethicon endosurgery, Sep 2010
- First South Asian Trans catheter valve workshop at Frontier lifeline hospital, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, 24th &25th April 2010
- CSI Kerala chapter, Nov 2008, Kannur Kerala, India
- 54th Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic surgeons -Feb 2008 at AFMC, Pune.
- 52nd Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic surgeons, Feb 2006 held at Bangalore.
- 51 Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons February 2005 held at Cochin
- 50th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Feb 2004 held at New Delhi
- 48th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons, Feb 2002 held at Chennai.
- Annual rapid review and revision course in surgery – conducted by Sri Ramachandra Medical International – Chennai
Teaching experience –
- Tutor in general Surgery -ACME, Medical College, Pariyaram, Kannur
- Assistant Professor – Amrita Institute of medical Sciences – Kochi.
- – Associate Professor CVTS – AIMS-Kochi.
- Associate Professor in CVTS – ACME Pariyaram. Kannur
- Prof & HOD CVTS -Jubilee Mission Medical College of Research Institute
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.