Dr Sabir MC
Dr Sabir MC, Senior Consultant – Department of Pulmonology has a rich experience of more than 11 years and above and has special interests in interventions like EBUS, Bronchoscopy and Thoracoscopy. He has been an active participant in public health activities and awareness programs through social media and mainstream media. He also holds position as Secretary in Calicut Chest Club and is a member of Academy of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine (APCCM) Governing Council .He holds membership in Indian Medical Association (IMA) and IMA-AMS.
- Specialist in Pulmonology
- BLS and ACLS provider
- Mechanical Ventilation and Non-invasive Ventilation
- Bronchoscopy, Guided biopsy and TBNA
- Endobronchial Ultrasound
- Intercostal Tube Drainage
- Radiology including X-ray chest, CECT and HRCT
- Pleural Aspiration, Pleural Biopsy and TTNA
- Trucut Biopsy
- Allergy Testing
- English , Hindi & Malayalam
- MBBS from Government Medical College, University of Kerala, Trivandrum (2000-2005)
- MD in Pulmonary Medicine from Government Medical College, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam (2008-2011)
- Thesis on “A study of the relationship between pre-operative PFT and post-operative pulmonary complication” from Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Government Medical College, Kottayam (2010-2011)
- Fellowship (FIAMS) fellow of the IMA Academy of Medical Specialties in Pulmonary Medicine
- Rotating Internship in various departments at Government Medical College, Trivandrum (2005-2006)
- Assistant Surgeon at Community Health Centre/Vengara, Malappuram (2007)
- Junior Resident in Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Government Medical College, Kottayam (2008-2011)
- Senior Resident (post MD) in Institute of Chest Diseases at Government Medical College, Calicut (2011-2012)
- Consultant in Department of Pulmonary Medicine & Critical Care at Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut (2012-2022)
Awards & Recognition:
- APCCM Young Pulmonologist Appreciation Award 2018
- 6-minute walk test in assessment and monitoring of COPD in comparison with spirometry – A paper presented in ICS J.C Kothari young scientist award session at NAPCON 2009, National Conference of Indian chest society and National College of Chest physicians, Calicut
- Prevalence and predictors of pulmonary artery hypertension in patients with systemic sclerosis – A paper presented in CHEST UPDATE 2010, endorsed by ACCP, 28th & 29th Aug 2010, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Study of the relationship between pre operative FEV1 and post operative pulmonary complications in upper abdominal surgeries. -A poster presented in in RESPICON 2011 Annual Conference of Academy of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, 21st & 22nd May 2011, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Medical college, Calicut
- 2nd prize in Inter College Quiz ,South India Post graduate pulmonology update 2010
- 3rd prize in poster presentation for junior residents in RESPICON 2011 Annual conference of Academy of Pulmonary & Critical care medicine ,21st & 22nd May 2011, Department of Pulmonary medicine, Medical college, Calicut
- 1st prize in WORLD ASTHMA DAY May 2009 Quiz conducted by Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Medical College, Kottayam
Research & Publications:
- Study of the relationship between pre-operative pulmonary function tests and post-operative pulmonary complications. The findings based on this study were well acknowledged and accepted by the Pulmonary Medicine faculties in Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala. Published IN PULMON (the journal of respiratory sciences) Vol 13, Number 3 (Sep – Dec) 2011 ISSN 0973 – 3809
- Venlafaxine – induced interstitial lung disease: a case report. Journal of Medical Pharmaceutical and Allied sciences, 2016; 5(12): 415-419.
- Hemothorax following the Indian religious ritual of ‘Shayana Pradakshinam’. Asian Journal of Biomedical Research, (ISSN: 2454-6275), [S.l.], v. 2, n. 4, p. 1-2, Dec 2016.
- Atelectasis in Elderly Secondary to Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis. Journal of Case Reports 2017;7(1): 112-115.
- Askin tumour following traumatic rib injury in a young adult. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2017; 8(3): 84-86.
- Acute delirium following administration of Piperacillin/ Tazobactam in an elderly patient with chronic liver disease. European Geriatric Medicine, 2017; 8(4): 285–286.
- A case of Pulmonary Hamartoma. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2017; 8(6): 45-46.
- Stenotrophomonas maltophilia: an unusual pathogen for pneumonia in an immunocompetent patient. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2017; 8(6): 47-48.
- Tracheobronchopathia osteochondroplastica: an uncommon aetiology for recurrent lower respiratory tract infection. International Journal of Advances in Medicine, 2017;4(6):1696-1698.
- Eight decades of asymptomatic Morgagni Hernia. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2018; 9(1): 73-74.
- Gentamycin induced acute hyperosinophilia. Asian journal of Medical Sciences; 2019 April.
- Manappallil RG, Azeez A, Kumar A, Prasad G, Sabir M C. Emphysematous pyelonephritis presenting in acute respiratory distress syndrome: a case report. Int J Adv Med 2017:4 :1487-9.
- Sabir M C, Manappallil RG, Chandramana AD. Bird Fancier’s lung: A case report Asian Journal of Bio- Medical Research 2019;4(2):1-2
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.