Dr. (Brig) Aruna Menon
Dr (Brig) Aruna Menon, HOD & Senior Consultant, Obstetrics & Gynecology at Meitra Hospital comes with an overall rich experience of 32 years out of which she has worked both as a Gynecologist and as a Academician. Dr Aruna is a Member of Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Society of India (FOGSI) and Member of Pune Obstetrics & Gynaecology Society (POGS).
Primary location: Palakkad
Languages known: English, Malayalam, Hindi, French, Marathi
- MBBS from Calicut Government Medical College, Kerala (1987)
- MD in Obs & Gyn from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune University (1998)
- Trained in Laparoscopic and infertility, at AFMC, in (2004)
Areas of Interest
- High Risk pregnancies
- Onco Surgery
Awards & Recognition:
- MD 1 st Rank at Pune University
- GOC-in-C (Western Command) Commendation
- Conducted Workshops and awareness programs regarding Sexual Harassment at workplace and gender sensitization as Chairperson, Internal Complaints Committee, AFMC.
- Appointed as Reviewer of JOGI, Medical Journal Armed Forces India & Journal of Marine Medicine, and on Editorial Board of Medical Journal Armed Forces India
- Organizing Chairperson for National Level conference GYNECON-21 at AFMC Dec 2021
- Co-author of a chapter in 6 th edition of Current Progress in OBS & Gynae (Studds) on Gynecological Disorders in Female Athletes and Military Women along with Col Bidhan Roy
- Indian Faculty, Member of steering committee 2022 of India Birth Network in collaboration with CMC Vellore (CMR, British Council of India)
- More than 20 papers published in National & International Journals
- Development of Information Kiosk for UG students as a method of self-learning.
- 10-12 Webinars (on OBS & Gyn) on various platforms as resource person.
- Participant of multiple webinars and conducted several workshops.
Research & Publications:
- More than 20 publications in National and International journals.
- Guided more than 15 to 20 students as PG guide during various teacherships. Part of more than 35 to 40 departmental research projects as principal worker as well as coworker.
- Several presentations in National and State conferences as resonance person. Multiple webinar and workshop conducted.
- Military Hospital, Suratgarh, (1999-2000), (Junior Consultant)
- Military Hospital, Bikaner, (2000-2003), (Junior Consultant)
- Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt, (2004-2008), (Junior Consultant)
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, (2008-2011), Senior Advisor (Senior Consultant / Professor)
- Command Hospital, Chandigarh, (2011-2013), (Senior Consultant)
- Military Hospital, Chennai, (2013-2015), (Senior Consultant)
- INHS Asvini, Mumbai, (2015-2018), (Senior Consultant)
- Military Hospital, Patiala, (2018-2020), (Commandant)
- Professor & HOD, Dept of OBS & GYN Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, (2020-2022)
OBS & GYN WORK EXPERIENCE
- Conducted or supervised more than 15000 deliveries and proportional Operative deliveries and managed High-Risk patients at 8 to 10 multispecialty Military Hospitals over a period spanning 26 years.
- Vast experience in management of complicated Obstetric as well as Gyn cases
a. Abdominal hysterectomies: Over 5000
b. Vaginal Hysterectomies: 2500
c. Laparoscopic sterilization / Diagnostic Hysterolap / Laparoscopic Salpingectomy for Ectopic pregnancies / Ovarian Cystectomy: more than 1000
d. Gyn Onco surgeries for Ca Endometrium, Ca Cervix and Ca Ovary: More than 100
e. Amniocentesis: 40 to 50
f. Other interesting cases: Labioplasty/ Vaginoplasty. Sacrocolpopexy / Application of TOT slings: 50 to 60
- Blogger on women issues and work-life balance amongst women at the workplace.
- Regular contributor to online women’s magazine, Women’s web and YourQuote.in – Contributed more than 20 articles/stories and Contributed Part of 8-10 anthologies on various subjects.
- Has published 6 collections of own poems / quotes.
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.