Centre of Excellence for
The Centre for Neuro Sciences at Meitra follows a holistic approach in handling all levels of difficulties related to the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nervous system and muscles. We emphasize exceptional and vigilant care to solve simple to complex problems. The centre has already introduced some of the novel facilities for the first time in the region. A team of expert neurologists and neurosurgeons is all set to elevate innumerable lives to the happiness of living a life. Considering incurable conditions, our care unit is designed with a concept of treating everyone equally and respectfully. Those who come here never return home as patients, but as those who embrace life at its fullest.
As one of South India’s leading quaternary care healthcare institution, Meitra Hospital has the most well-equipped, technologically advanced and comprehensive Brain and Spine Surgery Department. It has exceptional competencies to deal with complex neurological conditions such as brain and spine tumors, aneurysms, Neuro-vascular surgery, pituitary surgeries, awake craniotomy, head and spine injuries, degenerative spine and disc diseases as well as attending to trauma cases such as head injuries and multi-organ injuries round the clock.
The Neurosurgeons at the Brain and Spine Surgery Department at Meitra Hospital are adept and are trained both in India and abroad from prestigious institutions, and have the experience and caliber to take multi-disciplinary approach using advanced and innovative technologies to perform challenging and highly technical surgeries for brain and spine.
The team of doctors is ably supported by high-quality infrastructure and support staff including nurses, paramedics, lab technicians to ensure that patients are taken care of and given personalized care,right from evaluation and diagnosis through follow up.
At Meitra Hospital’s Department of Brain & Spine Surgery, the clinical teams are equipped to manage and conduct all types of simple and complex neuro surgeries including:
- Minimally Invasive/Keyhole Cranial Surgery/Neuro Endoscopy
- Cranial Micro-neurosurgery for Vascular (Aneurysm/AVM)Diseases
- Endoscopic Skull-base and Extended endoscopic Skull-base procedures
- Skull base Surgery
- Awake Craniotomy
- Head and Spine Trauma Surgery
- Minimally Invasive &Open Surgical Procedure for Degenerative Spine & Disc Diseases
- Neurocritical Care
- Micro Vascular Decompression forTrigeminal Neuralgia &Hemifacial Spasm (MVD)
- Functional Neurosurgery including epilepsy surgery and DBS
The Department of Brain and Spine surgery is equipped with:
- Stealth 8 Navigation
- O2- Arm Intra-operation imaging
- Opmi Pentero 900 Microscope
- NATUS- Electrophysiological Monitoring
- XOMED -Nerve Monitoring System
- Storz Endoscopic System for Pituitary &Skull based tumors
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (keyhole)for Spine Diseases and Disc problems
- Skull based endoscopic equipment
- Facility to perform Epilepsy surgery/ DBS/ Awake Surgery
The Unit also offers the following Neurosurgical support services including:
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Neurocritical Care
- Neuro Endocrinology
- OP Services from 11am to 5 pm on all weekdays
- Emergency Neurosurgery services available 24X7
- Clinic for Brain Tumor Neuro Oncology every Wednesday and Thursday
- Neuro-spine Clinic for Traumatic, degenerative Spine & Disc Diseases on all week days
- MVD Clinic for Trigeminal Neuralgia every Monday and Wednesday
- Paediatric Neurosurgery on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Clinic for Head Injury & Rehabilitation every Friday
- Neuro Endocrinology Clinic everyThursday.
Helpline Number & Whatsapp @ 9207702062
Acute stroke – Mechanical Thrombectomy & Aspiration
Cerebral Aneurysm – coiling and flow diverter
Carotico-cavernous fistula occlusion
Brain AVM / AVF – Endovascular Embolisation
Dural venous sinus stenting
Cartoid and Intracranial (including basilar artery) angioplasty & stenting
Embolisation of spinal vascular malformations
Cerebral venous thrombolysis
Visit Our Facility
Our facilities are deployed with highly innovative world-class technology that is capable of transforming healthcare.
Visit Our Doctors
Doctors at Meitra are not only famous for their expertise, but for their friendly and welcoming approach.
Welcome to India
Are you planning to visit Meitra? All the procedures are responsibly taken care of.